Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another interesting email from Google

I had an email from Blogger telling me that their auto anti spam software had identified my latest blog as a spam blog.

They didn't tell me what they found to determine that but they did say that I should log in and fill in their capture stuff to prove I'm human. I would like to know what triggered the email so I don't do it again.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not complaining. I am quite happy that they are actively working on stopping the spam blogs and the auto blogging idiots.

I am confident that after they review my blog they'll accept that it isn't spam, it's just formatted differently to most. You can have a look at it here on my blog about beef jerky recipes, you'll have to click the link called continue because of the current block but you can get through and see the blog.

The difference is that, since I am aware that most visitors to any website don't scroll down the page at all, on this blog I am experimenting with putting the ad block above the fold. Does this make it a spam blog? I don't know but according to the rules of blogger I don't think so. The way I read it indicates that the main characteristic of a spam blog is lots of links and very little content. Because of the ad block there are lots of links at the top of the blog but there are full articles (200+ words) below the fold which are on topic and not keyword stuffed.

According to the Amazon ad block there are 18 links back to Amazon in that ad block so that is probably what triggered the problem. It'll be interesting to find out what the ruling is.

I'm off to make more backlinks to my sites. Seriously, this is probably the absolute best thing you can do to generate traffic. I saw a site today which has a #1 position in Google SERP for a very competitive key phrase which only has 16 links according to Alexa and the keyword phrase isn't even in the domain name.


Block Spam 100% with the Spam-Killa - The Online Solution.
Spam Blocking Tool

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Archive