Sunday, May 04, 2014

How to Create Click Bait.

Making click bait is what Google wants you to do.  The very clear instruction is to create compelling content for people which they can link to or share either on their web sites or on social media.  There are lots of ways to do this but the fastest is to use the most popular shareable items on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter etc.

What is the most shared item?  Images with pithy quotes, cute images, images of kittens, puppies, ducklings or any baby animal really or videos of these same things.  Is there a pattern coming through here?

What I will show you is how to use free resources to create a click bait image which you can post on your website, share on Facebook, pin etc.  As part of the tutorial I’ll also use free resources ad show you how to make multiple versions of the output which you can also share.

I started on Google Drive and made a presentation slideshow which I saved as a pptx and as a pdf.  In the process of making the slideshow I also made a video of me making a click bait image with a quote.  I posted the pptx to AuthorStream.com


and slideshare.com.

This is from slideshare.

I also saved the slideshow as a pdf.
Then I used Camtasia to create a video for YouTube because I have run out of credits for AuthorStream.  The video is here.

But the subject of all of this is the click bait image so here it is

Mothersday 2014
































What I will do with this is post it to Facebook and Pinterest and then link to both.

My links are really just the kickstart for the traffic but the real traffic comes from the sharing.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Technorati Tags: , ,

blog comments powered by Disqus

Blog Archive